February 15, 2012

Internet Censorship and Banning w/ Update

What follows is a comment I made at Israel Thrives, upon the censorship and banning that occurred there today, Indeed, it turned into a statement of how thought is stifled on a larger scope, by people who only seem to like their own ideas.
As you know, I objected to the deletion of their remarks and indicated that it was not a good decision when VB did it to me either. Their words were silly, and in some cases demeaning, but they help to show where things stand. The more that is out there, the more the truth will rise.
What I did find troubling was the repetitive questioning of sanity and motivation. Why not accept that not everyone sees what occurs the same or from the same level? I oppose trying to jam one's views down the throats of others, no matter from what side. I also oppose defining those who think differently as "others" and there was way too much of that.
I am against banning as well, FWIW.
I am curious to know if these folks think that everything in the world is just fine. It seems so. Because Obama is such a good friend to Israel, we need not look at anything else that is taking place, or discuss the merits of his actions either. Obama's friendship is the only criteria to make a valid judgment.
But what if there are other issues where things are NOT fine, potentially more important, as Jews, democrats, Americans, to peace and security? Why get so apoplectic about those who address what is going on, who wish to provide more food on the table, especially a table that is imbalanced in information?
Are domestic politics their entire universe? Is that how it should be? Or are matters interrelated and interdependent?
Despite accusations, we do not condemn ALL Muslims. We are NOT Republicans. We DO condemn the millions who despise Israel, Jews, American, Westerners, and even our accusers who label us. Ironic, but we actually do it in the name of human rights: for Jews, Americans, women, gays, children, believers, and non-believers. Go figure!
Since late 2006 I have criticized Obama, from the left! Yet now, because I have the audacity to express disappointment in his responses to the onslaught of the OIC, MB and Political Islam in their geopolitical attack against universal human rights, seen daily across the globe, I am harangued as right wing by self professed "better" Democrats than me.
So it goes.
UPDATE:  I see that my comment has become a post of its own, On Progressive-Left Intolerance, with my permission, although I like my title better

No comments:

Post a Comment